Are children’s vitamins necessary?
This question is constantly being debated by experts. If your children are eating a well- balanced diet full of fruits and vegetables, high quality proteins, whole grain and healthy fats, it is probably unnecessary. However if your child is deficient or a fussy eater, maybe doesn’t eat protein and vegetables, you may want to consider supplementing with daily multivitamins.
Types of Kids Who Need Vitamin Supplements
- Not eating regular well-balanced meals made from fresh & whole foods
- Fussy eaters who simply aren't eating enough
- With chronic medical conditions or food allergies
- Always catching the latest bug experiencing common illnesses suich as cold & flu every year
- Eating a lot of fast foods and processed foods
- Has restrictive diet, such as strict vega or dairy-free diet
Drinks a lot of carbonated sodas which can leach vitamins and minerals from their bodies.
WebMD. Vitamins for Kids: Do Healthy Kids Need Supplements? Available at: http://www.webmd.com/parenting/vitamins-for- kids-do- healthy-kids- need-vitamins (accessed 03/07/16)